Decorate your trees and while providing a festive feast with these Lyric Bird Seed Feeder Ornaments. This project is inexpensive and fun for kids and adults alike. Try using a high-fat seed blend like Lyric Fruit and Nut High Energy Mix to help birds get extra nutrients during the winter months.
Makes 5 large cookie cutter ornaments
- One packet of unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups of your favorite Lyric Wild Bird Seed
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- Baking sheet
- Parchment or wax paper
- Cookie cutters
- Cooking spray
- Skewer or straw
- String or ribbon
- Mix 2 tbsp of cold water with one packet of unflavored gelatin. Let sit for 60 seconds.
- Stir ⅓ cup of boiling water into gelatin.
- Combine gelatin mixture with 2 cups of Lyric Wild Bird seed. Mix well.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Lay out cookie cutters. Spray insides with cooking spray.
- Fill cookie cutters with bird seed. Press down as you fill to make sure seeds are packed tightly.
- Use a skewer or straw to poke a hole through the bird seed ornaments. Place holes at least 1 inch away from borders so ornaments don’t fall apart.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove ornaments from cookie cutters. Tie string or ribbon through holes.
- Hang outside and enjoy!