Check out our birding checklist to get ready for the upcoming summer season!
- Check feeders for damage and make sure to repair or replace them if needed.
- Ensure there are a variety of feeders available to attract a wide variety of birds.
- Clean feeders regularly or at least twice a month to provide a clean and safe eating area for your birds.
- Be sure to provide high-protein food to help support a beautiful plumage- after all, feathers are 90% protein.
- Make sure to provide high levels of fat for energy, feather production, and proper feather coloration.
- Provide essential vitamins, like vitamins A & E, which are necessary for birds' reproductive health and the development of offspring.
- Keep clean water available for bathing and drinking.
- Grow plants and trees that will provide protection and provide a food source, such as berries and insects.
- Hold off on trimming hedges and shrubs that provide cover and shelter.
- Don't mow meadows or brushy areas until late summer so birds can complete nesting season.
- If you find a nest- stay away.
Click here to download this checklist!